APA San Francisco Members Only Portfolio Review
Photo: © 2015 Drew Sherman
American Photographic Artists, San Francisco presents a very special opportunity for APA Photographer Members to meet one-on-one, face-to-face, with insightful and influential Reviewers. This is no ordinary review event at a studio - it’s an exclusive private party just for Pro Photographers and Creatives.
We've lined up an impressive list of world-class Creatives, Agents, Photo Editors and Consultants. You choose three Reviewers to meet with, to help you refine your portfolio, and advance your career. In each 15 minute appointment, you'll be able to show what you do and who you are, and the reviewer will be able to offer you real-world feedback. You can present your finest work on your pad or laptop if you prefer.
We’ve again booked it at the impressive 111 Minna Gallery, around the corner from SFMOMA, and there will be an exclusive, no-host-bar Cocktail Hour at the end of the event, so you can all get to know each other, and begin the collaborative creative process. Unlike other Portfolio Reviews, every photographer member attending will have the opportunity to meet and talk with many of the Reviewers during the exclusive Private Party from 9 to 10 PM.
How it Works
- $150* for three, 15-minute reviews, and admission to the exclusive Private Party with the Reviewers from 9 to 10 PM.
- VERY IMPORTANT, SO PLEASE NOTE: Your THREE Reviewer Appointments will be based upon the order in which the Reviewer Choice lists are received (not when you register/pay). Everyone must please register first, then email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) your TOP TEN Reviewer Choice list ASAP. Please read all of the Event Fundmentals info below.
- This event always sells out quickly. The sooner you register AND send in your prioritized TOP TEN list, the more likely you are to get to meet with your TOP THREE choices. If you wait, it will be too late.
- Bridget Watson Payne, Senior Editor, Art publishing Chronicle Books
- Steve Mawhinney, Creative Director, Gyro
- Kevin J. Stokes, Senior VP, Creative Director, Giant
- Christie Hemm Klok, Associate Photo Editor, WIRED
- Norman Maslov, Norman Maslov : Agent Internationle
- Erik Van Der Molen, Owner, Branding Designer OfficevsOffice
- Peter Judd, Creative Director / Partner, Hub Strategy & Communication
- Whitney Baez, Senior Art & Print Producer, DDB California
- Val Carlson, Executive Creative Director, Evolution Bureau (EVB)
- Cecilia Caparas Apelin, Owner / Art Director, Indigo Sky Creative
- Britt Gardner, Sr. Integrated Producer/Art Buyer - Freelancer
- Dan Southwick, Director of Art Production, Eleven Inc.
- Madeline Belliveau, Freelance Senior Art & Content Producer
- Shabnam Azadeh, Founder & Creative Consultant, ADHESIVE&CO
- Marianne Campbell, Photography Agent, Marianne Campbell Associates
- Registration is now open.
- Then email email@example.com your ten (10) top choices, in order of preference (please put "Portfolio Reviewer List" in your subject line).
- Your three (3) reviewer appointments will be based upon the order in which the reviewer choice lists are received (not when you register/pay).
- Your membership must be current when you register, and on the event date
- Admission includes the no-host-bar private party from 9-10 p.m. with the Reviewers
- Everyone who attends must be 21+ years old
- Register online, then immediately email us your prioritized list of TEN top Reviewer choices
- Your Reviewer choices will be based upon the order in which your reviewer choice lists are received (not your registration date).
- Your three (3) appointments will be booked close together whenever possible
- By 6PM on March 3, we will send you an email with your 3 confirmed appointments
- Do not register if you will not be able to attend during the 6:00 - 9:00 review hours
- Registration is required; space is limited for this special reserved appointment event
- Sorry, registration is not available by phone
- Please plan to get there well before your first appointment on review day
- We cannot change any appointments after we have confirmed them
- We will do our very best to book your three top Reviewer choices
- If a Reviewer has to cancel, we will re-schedule your next choice if possible
- All payments are non-refundable. Thank you very much.
- Everyone must send in a prioritized list of TEN (no less); if you choose not to send ten, we may have to assign reviewers to you.
You’ll get to personally show your portfolio to three (3) of the Reviewers. Choose your top ten (10) Reviewer preferences, and list them in order, and we’ll do our very best to give you your top three (3) choices. Everyone will have the opportunity to meet and talk with many of the Reviewers during the Private Party from 9 to 10 PM (the private party is not intended to be used for additional formal portfolio reviews, rather it is an opportunity for you to talk with Reviewers and arrange to show them your book at a later date). Be sure to bring a small stack of business cards and/or promos.
- This Portfolio Review Event is exclusively for: APA Leader, APA Professional, APA Associate Members. Not a member? Join here.
- Your three (3) Reviewer appointments will be based upon the order in which the reviewer choice lists are received (not when you register/pay). Everyone must please register first, then email us your prioritized top ten (10) list ASAP.
- Current APA member, but need to upgrade to be eligible to attend? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Admission price is $150, plus $9.24 Eventbrite fee